Podcast reviews are a great way to show your support for your favourite podcast. Not only do they help get the podcast in front of new people but they also give new potential listeners an idea of what the show is all about and lets the host know that you’re enjoying their content.
Here is a step by step guide on how to leave reviews for your favorite podcast.
- Open the Podcasts app on your Apple device (iPhone, iPad or Mac)
2. Search for the podcast you want to leave a review for by tapping the search icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Once you’ve found the podcast you’ve looking for, click on the podcast artwork. You will be taken to its profile page. On this page, you will find the full list of episodes, the show description etc.
4. Scroll down to the Ratings and reviews section. This can be found under the list of episodes. Depending on how long the show has been running this list could be a long one.
5. Tap write a review.
6. Leave a rating ranging from 1 star (poor) up to 5 stars (excellent) that best reflects your opinion of the podcast. Keep in mind that higher ratings are usually better!
7. In the title box, give your review a title. This could be a short snappy sentence that summarises how you feel about the podcast or an episode that you listened to.
8. In the review box, write a brief review. Be sure to keep it honest and constructive. If there are aspects of the show that you didn’t like, explain why rather than just saying something negative without offering any explanation or feedback. Also, try not to use overly harsh language. Most people don't respond well when they feel attacked or insulted - always lead with kindness and understanding. Done the right way, this kind of feedback can actually be very helpful in helping the host create better content going forward.
9. Once you have written your review, be sure to click “send” so that it’s posted online for everyone else who visits the podcast's profile page.
10. If you’ve never left a podcast review before, enter a nickname when prompted. Your nickname will be displayed next to any reviews you leave in the future.
And that's your review sent! Note reviews may take up to one week to show up after submission.
Are you subscribed to the Too Busy To Podcast podcast? I hope so but if not, why not head on over to your favourite podcast listening app and hit that follow button so you don’t miss out on any future podcast episodes? Click here to follow the show on Apple Podcasts.
And if you’re loving the podcast, I would love it if you could leave a rating and/or review on Apple Podcasts. I personally read every review and will even give you a shoutout on the next episode. Just follow the step-by-step guide above!