Are you letting self-doubt and imposter syndrome stop you from starting your podcast? If so, you're not alone. Most of us feel the same way — it's perfectly normal to think that we are not good enough or don't have the experience to start our own podcast. But that isn't true! Your podcast is going to be awesome, even if it doesn't seem like it right now. I'm here to tell you that having imposter syndrome doesn't mean you aren't qualified to start a podcast — it simply means that you'll need an extra bit of courage and clarity before launching your show into the world.
This week I’m chatting with Christine Watson of Dreams Over Fears. Christine is a certified life coach who helps business women with imposter syndrome and tennis players with the mental game of tennis.
- How to reframe your negative thoughts
- How the higher and lower brain works
- How to manage imposter syndrome so you can accomplish your goals
- A daily practice to help you stay focused and positive
TUNE IN TO THE EPISODE
- ‘‘Most people don’t realise that they are choosing these thoughts. They pop into their brain, they grab on and then they think, this is the truth.’’
- ‘‘We don't want to embarrass ourselves. We don't want to feel humiliated. So that's where imposter syndrome comes and it just holds us back because we think, well, I've just got to know more. I've just got to do more training. I've got to get more experience. Once I have this, then I won't feel imposter syndrome. Nope. You're going to feel it. So it's about embracing it saying, hey, you're here. You're along for the ride. I don't have to listen to you. I've got this. I am safe. Get in the back seat, lower brain.’’
- ‘‘Confidence comes from knowing that you can handle whatever comes your way. It doesn't mean you do it perfectly. It doesn't mean you've done it well in the past, it just means I can handle whatever comes my way.’’
I hope you’ve found these tips helpful in managing your negative thoughts. Just remember, it takes practice to retrain your brain but the effort is worth it! Implementing some of these tips into your daily routine will help keep you focused and positive. Which one have you decided to try first?
CONNECT WITH CHRISTINE
CONNECT WITH ROSEMARIE
Are you subscribed to the podcast? I hope so but if not, why not head on over to your favourite podcast listening app and hit that follow button so you don’t miss out on any future podcast episodes? Click here to follow the show on Apple Podcasts.
And if you’re loving the podcast, I would love it if you could leave a rating and/or review on Apple Podcasts. I personally read every review and will even give you a shoutout on the next episode.
And it's super easy! Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to leave a rating and select “write a Review.” And that’s it! Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!